Punta Cana has skyrocketed in popularity over the past 2 years, and with the increased popularity, many cities in Canada have added direct flight connections to the white sand beaches and turquoise water the city has to offer. These are the cities in Canada with direct flights to Punta Cana in January 2023.
Canadian Cities Flying to Punta Cana
- Quebec City
Airlines Servicing Punta Cana From Canada
The primary Airline operating flights from all 14 above Canadian cities to Punta Cana is low-cost airline Sunwing. In addition to Sunwing, the following airlines have flights in select Canadian cities.
- WestJet Airlines – Calgary, Toronto
- Air Transat – London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax
- Air Canada – Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax
- Swoop Airlines – Toronto
- Vancouver in British Columbia offers direct flights to Punta Cana. The journey takes 7 hours and 20 minutes and is only provided on Mondays by low-cost airline Sunwing.
- Edmonton offers flights to Punta Cana in the province of Alberta. Similar to Vancouver, Sunwing offers the singular direct flight to Punta Cana from Edmonton only on Mondays, and it takes 6 hours and 55 minutes
- Calgary also has flights from two airlines – Sunwing on Mondays and West Jet on Saturdays. The flight time is 6 hours and 50 minutes.
- Regina and Saskatoon are the two cities offering direct flights to Punta Cana from Saskatchewan. Sunwing is the provider of flights from both cities, which only take place on Wednesdays. The flight time from Regina is 6 hrs and 10 minutes, while the flight takes 6 hrs and 30 minutes from Saskatoon.
- Winnipeg is the only city offering flights from Manitoba province to Punta Cana. The flight takes 5 hrs and 45 minutes and is done by Sunwing on both Sundays and Wednesdays this January.
- Toronto is the largest city in Canada and also has the most flights direct to Punta Cana. Air Canada, Air Transat, Sunwing, and Westjet all have flight leaves every day. In addition to these airlines, Swoop airlines has flights every day except Tuesday and Friday towards Punta Cana. The flight time is approximately 4 hrs 10 minutes.
- Ottawa, the capital of Ontario, offers flights to Punta Cana using Air Canada on Tuesday and Friday, Air Transat on Sunday and Wednesday, and Sunwings on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. The flight is 4 hrs and 40 minutes.
- Other cities in Ontario hosting flights to Punta Cana are London, Hamilton, and Kitchener/Waterloo. In London – Air Transat offers flights on Sunday, while Sunwing offers flights on Wednesday. Sunwing also offers flights in Kitchener/Waterloo, but only on Mondays. Finally, Hamilton has flights on Sunday with Air Transat, Wednesday with Swoop, and Friday with Sunwing. All flights from these cities take approximately 4 hrs 10 minutes.
- Flights are offered directly to Punta Cana from both Quebec City and Montreal. In Montreal, flights leave daily using Sunwings, Air Canada, and Air Transat. The flight duration is 4 hrs and 30 minutes. From Quebec City, flights take 4 hrs and 50 minutes. Air Canada operates in the city on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, while Sunwing has flights on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and Air Transat flies every day except Wednesday and Saturday.
- The final city that flies direct to Punta Cana this January is Halifax in Nova Scotia. In Halifax, Air Canada operates on Thursday and Saturday, Sunwing operates on Friday and Saturday, and Air Transat flies Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Plan Your Next Dominican Republic Vacation:
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
Choose From Thousands of Dominican Republic Hotels, Resorts and Hostels with Free Cancellation On Most Properties
↓ Join the community ↓
Subscribe to our Latest Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to Dominican Republic Sun’s latest breaking news affecting travelers, straight to your inbox.